Tuesday, December 16, 2008

#9 "You're so stupid"

In the script a detail to include would be the flare going off in the back round as the lifeboat is lowering. Also, when rose jumps from the lifeboat back onto the ship. Another important action to include is when Leo looks over the edge to see if Rose made it back onto the ship. When Rose and Leo are running to meet each other and they are pushing people out of their way would be a good detail to have written in the script. Also, the script would say when Leo makes it inside the ship and runs down the stairs towards Rose. They meet at the bottom of the steps and hug which would have been put in the script. They kept the handcuffs on Leo from a previous scene in the movie which was planned. The script would also include when Leo kisses Rose's forehead.

One detail that would be added is when the lifeboat is going down, Leo has his hands folded resting on side of the boat. Another would be when Leo glances numerous times at Kal when they are discussing the arrangement. When the boat is lowering and Rose is frantically looking around her would be another added detail. Also, when Jack nods at Rose as the safety boat is nearing the water. When the man controlling the lifeboat signals with his hands for the passengers to sit down would have been added later. They would have also planned out on set to have the small girl in the life boat waving to her dad who is still on the ship. They would also add the over exaggerated heavy breathing while running to meet each other later on. Also, when Rose begins to cry when her and Jack meet in the middle of the ship could have been another added detail.

4 comments:

SGirl said...

Since this is one of the best movies ever created, I having alot of trouble finding things wrong with it. I guess I wouldn't have had as many people die in the end. I'm a happy ending kind of person. But death is a key element in this movie... I would have had the actors look and act even more cold then they did. Like shivering non-uncontrollably and their skin turning white the second they touch the water. But then again, that skin part wouldn't be that realistic... I don't know really how I would change this! But great blog sisu18 I'm with you for this is one of my favorite movies too!

Squarish Square said...

I worked on The Titanic (the movie, not the ship). I was disappointed with the final project. Before we shipped it off to the theaters, I mused, "all abroad the phail boat." I stand by what I said. You see, I wanted it to be less of an emotionally-driven blubber-fest. I wanted it to transpire on a zeppelin. I envisioned a couple of people falling in love on a Zeppelin, that'd make the ending much simpler. Instead of the crying and floating and watery graves, the zeppelin would go BOOM! and it'd be over. This is why I want a zeppelin, it'd get rid of all the gayness in the movie.

Some Dude said...

This scene was extremely boring! I may be a mere assistant director but I hated this scene. There’s only one word that would describe it. The word starts with G and ends with Y and has an A in-between. Give up? It’s Gaudy of course! There’s only one way to save this scene! Cast Clive Owen as Jack! He would run down to the lower deck and punch Rose in the face! He would then light up a blunt and steal Rose’s purse! Then he would jump off the boat and onto a jet ski which he would use to make an epic escape. So you ask why was this scene so stupid? Because it didn’t have Clive Owen, plain and simple!

Zoolander said...

I thought this was a very emotionally driven scene. The Music was, for me, over the top. La de da da da, it wasn't doing it for me. The Camera angles were excellent the close ups with flares behind them lighting up their faces. I would of had different music not that over the top sissy sassy stuff. Besides the music it was great scene.