Wednesday, January 7, 2009

#10 Cast Away

If you have not seen the movie Cast Away, don't. This movie was unrealistic and boring. Tom Hanks survives a plane crash and has to survive alone on a deserted island. He is mainly the only character in this movie besides his friend he made from a volleyball named Wilson. Without this volleyball, there would be almost no dialogue in the movie. The other characters are simply only shown at the beginning and ending of the movie as time fillers. Also the ending of Cast Away was very disappointing and depressing. I don't even know if I would call it an ending. Sure its not good if all movies have a happy ending or everything is resolved, but this movie's ending was too open. It didn't leave you wanting more, it just left you angry and confused. So if this sounds like the type of movie you would enjoy, go ahead and see it. However, my advice would be not to waste your time or money.

3 comments:

SGirl said...

I haven't seen this movie. But I have heard about it. I've heard that Tom Hanks was a pretty good actor for this tough role. And my cousin got a football for Christmas one year and it was the brand "wilson" so he went around all week asking if anyone wanted to play wilson with him. My parents laughed because they said it reminded them of Cast Away. But yea, I don't think I'd like this movie because I HATE boring movies!

tomorrowiswaiting said...

I actually really liked this movie and you didn't quite convince me to dislike it. The viewer does have to be in the mood for a slower-moving movie to watch it, but I found it interesting, especially when imagining being in his place. I think you would have made more of a point if you explained what made it unrealistic and why you though Tom Hanks did a poor acting job. Just as a side note, it was interesting how he was slightly overweight at the beginning of the movie and the viewer watches him gradually drop the pounds.

Checkers said...

I acually haven't seen this movie, but I have heard some mixed things about it. I heard once that it was alright and worth it just to see. I have also heard the same thing that you just stated. Your review is pretty convincing in saying that is is a dull movie. However, I think I'd still like to see it sometime. Opinions vary within people, so who knows, maybe I will like it!