Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#3 A Breath Taking View

The sunlight reflects off the water to give it a glistening glow. The smell of pine needles and fresh air overwhelm my senses. Dipping my feet into the water, a feeling of relief sweeps over me. I lay back on the sand and feel the smooth surface run away from me. The sand forms around my body like a pair of jeans, hugging every curve. The mountains stand as high as the soaring birds. Towering over the landscape, they are able to witness ultimate beauty. The pallet of blues and greens blend together, creating the calmest of waters. A small breeze blows across the waves. The aroma of fresh air is so crisp, I feel as if I can almost taste it. Wind tangles my hair as the sounds of wildlife grow louder. Salmon spring from water that looks as clear as glass, and make their way upstream. Leaves rustle behind me as a moose wanders its way through the forest, oblivious to the serenity that surrounds him. Closing my eyes and taking in a deep breath, I realize how simple it is to find peace in the world.

1 comment:

iloveanime said...

I really like the picture you picked. It was beautiful, it made me want to go there. The way you described the picture was very good. You used a nice choice and variety of words to describe everything that was going on in the picture. I could definitely see the picture without it having to be there. It was a tough assignment to do without using too many adj. and adverbs, you did an AMAZING JOB! :)